Associated Veterans, LLC is seeking a Human Centered Design (HCD) Analyst to join our growing team supporting projects within the VA. The chosen candidate will be responsible for driving the process and practical application of HCD within our client’s environments to help their projects result in a higher level of user adoption. They will work across multiple projects, supporting the entire project lifecycle. This is a full time salaried position located at 1800 G Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036.
- Create wireframes, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas;
- Participate, as a UX Designer, in all aspects of the software development cycle as needed, from research, analysis, design through release within an agile organization;
- Coach and assist the team with development of UX designs;
- Work in cross-functional teams, to plan, prioritize, and deliver information architecture, information design, page/screen layouts, tools, services and applications to support the complete cohesive user experience;
- Facilitate client and user discussions, design and testing regarding user experience;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to communicate design strategy and rationale;
Required Experience and Education/Required Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Other Design Experience
- Minimum of 8 years work experience
- Minimum 6 years working on project teams and facilitating stakeholder engagement
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated Experience in Human Centered Design, Organizational Psychology, User Experience Design, Information Design or other system design role focused on the end-user
- Demonstrated experience in conducting stakeholder interviews , observation, and other elicitation methods to determine business needs.
- Familiarity with the Federal Contracting environment
- Experience facilitating meeting and workgroups
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Professional presentation and manner
- Ability to foster collaboration with colleagues, clients, users, and other stakeholders at all levels of an organization
The ideal candidate will also possess the following education, certifications, experiences, skills, knowledge, and/or abilities:
- Working knowledge of latest trends, methods, and strategies in front-end application design
- Familiarity with HCD, Lead Six Sigma and other similar process improvement methods
- Experience working on Agile teams
Associated Veterans offers benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k plan with employer match, education and tuition reimbursement plan, commuter benefits, and more!
Associated Veterans is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
[EEO/AA/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disability employer].